Late 2004 no crank

Rate this topic

This is a wierd one. This customer and his family on vacation from Florida, I'm in Kansas, comes in a couple weeks ago needing injectors after a dealer in Marshal Missouri just put the same ones in but didn't fix why they went bad so they went bad again in 200 miles. That's another story all together.

Anyway, he calls today for some advice and he's in Wyoming now. He said the truck has been running great since I fixed it but today he was driving down the highway and the truck just shuts off and then wont crank. The nearest Ford dealer can't look at it for 4-5 days, how's that for helping someone from out of town, so he took it to a "jobber shop". He says the guy can unlock the passenger door twice and it will crank and start and then die then it wont crank untill it sits for a little while and unlock the passenger door twice and it will start and die again. I asked him why the guy thought about unlocking the door twice and he said the guy told him he had to do that on some other make of car and it fixed it. He said there are no codes in it.

I would like to help this poor guy out but I have never heard of this. Has anyone ever heard of this? I told him to have the guy check for codes in all the modules and see what shows up. If anyone has any ideas I'll call him and let him know. Thanks.

That might be why it dies after it starts. I never thought past the no crank issue but it might have two different problems. It kind of seems like an alarm problem keeping it from cranking and then shutting down the engine when you do get it to crank and start.

We left a message on his cell phone and he hasn't called back so I guess he must of found out what was wrong with it. I hope he calls eventually and lets me know what it was.

Thanks anyway Josh.