Evans Waterless Coolant

Rate this topic

www.evanscooling.com

I read up on this, it isn't new but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product. Someone asked me if it was compatible with Power Stroke engines but I have no experience with it or have never heard good or bad from anywhere.

I used Evans on a Explorer with a severe electrolysis issue about 4 years ago. The stuff works great. Some of the high end pro dirt racers in the northeast run it as well. Think I still have a couple gallons in the parts dept...

• 1 month later...

I read about it in Diesel Progress magazine, it sounds like a heckuva good idea, in theory at least. I like the idea of eliminating the water, especially, it rids the system of variables like total dissolved solids, etc. Ya, I know the PROPER way is to use distilled water, but no owner/driver and very few shops ever use it. And the boiling point was quite higher too, if I remember correctly.

Has a guy wondering how you'd get ALL the antifreeze/water out of the existing cooling system. The oil cooler design on the 6.0 and 6.4 is kind of prohibitive to draining all the coolant unless you take it out, or turn the truck upside down.

This has me scratching my head, however:

You can attain all of the benefits of the Evans Cooling System with ease. Quite simply, Evans Cooling Systems require no major mechanical changes, just a parts exchange. You may need the specialized NPG™ coolant pump, NPG™ radiator with a non - pressurized radiator cap as well as the new Evans NPG™ Coolant. With a few tools and our easy to follow, step - by - step, instructions, you can easily and safely convert your vehicle to the Evans NPG™ Cooling Systems in a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why they'd say possible change of water pump, but apparently this stuff doesn't need to be pressurized the way water-based coolants need to be, as the boiling point is higher than most engines' operating range, hence the switch of rad caps. Maybe they're trying to flog their own brand of pumps, rads, etc.