'02 F250...fuse 2.22 issues,no start

Rate this topic

Got one here that cranks but won't start,fuse 2.22 has been soldered between terminals,got power on both sides,IDM power relay is clicking with key on...

Truck came in 2 months/3000 miles ago for crank/no start concern,i replaced blown f 2.22 and truck started every time since,until it died while driving on customer yesterday,now it's back in my bay...

As far as EVTM goes it shows that fuse powers the IDM and PCM relays,as well as IPR power...i'm thinkin the solder thing has took out one or both modules,no communication,has anyone seen this,this one's probly gonna be free,but in my defense,i didn't solder it,that ingenius stunt was done at their fleet shop... Posted Image

Thanks for any ideas

Kieth,the only component that stops the clicking is the PCM and IDM/PCM relays...a PCM runs about $700 here(yikes!),only got 1 available for plug in test,but it's out of a '99,thinkin that ain't gonna work for a tester,gotta look it up...

Posted Image

All-righty then...found a pcm out back off an '02 that runs,swapped them puppies out and still got same problem....it's been awhile since i had a good ass-whoopin....might as well get it over with Posted Image

Got everything on that circuit disconnected,clicking at pcm power relay only stops with pcm disconnected...guess it's time to wipe the dust off the BOB...hopefully somebody else reading this has had this fun filled problem

Got juror duty this week,on call status....been living here in myrtle beach for 16 years,first time for the juror thing...no bill payin this week for me Posted Image

Load test power and grnd circuits at pcm. I have had low voltage at pcm caused by corroded wires or connectors(green death) cause alot of concerns just like this.