95 f-350 repeat injector harness burnt up

Rate this topic

Hey guys I have a quick question, I have a 95 f-350, that has burn the rear connector up on the right side twice and is now in for the front connector burnt on that same side. What would cause the injector harnesses on the right side to keep burning up. Im pretty sure it is the IDM but I wanted to see what you though before I priced one out to him. Thanks.

Glow plugs & poor fitting connectors

Ditto.

Check glow plug amperage, it should be about 25 amps (each) initially, tapering off to 15 amps or so after 20-30 seconds. I'd probably pull the related glow plugs out and inspect them for S&G. Remove them gently- if they don't come out easily, assume the tip is melted and disable that particular GP. It's not worth fighting one out and having the tip break, and a 7.3 will start just fine on 7 GP down to 0*F or lower.

I assume you're using OE parts? I've never seen an IDM cause this.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

I am with the rest of the guys on this one. Every burnt harness I have replaced or repaired was a result of burnt glow plugs or a missing lock and the connector working loose.