Melted Injector

Rate this topic

Nope, that's a pattern failure from an internal leakage where the hydraulic pressure leaks and eats away at the side of the injector. I've seen several like that (all makes and models) including 1-2 from PSDs at my local pump shop. I'd think Larry should have seen a few by now with all the years he has in.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Nope, that's a pattern failure from an internal leakage where the hydraulic pressure leaks and eats away at the side of the injector. I've seen several like that (all makes and models) including 1-2 from PSDs at my local pump shop. I'd think Larry should have seen a few by now with all the years he has in.

Posted Image

You are totally serious about this arent you. I'll take your word for it as if anyone would know it would be you. But a pattern failure? I have never heard of or seen this. Really? high pressure fuel will do that?

Posted Image

Originally Posted By: Bruce Amacker

Posted Image

You are totally serious about this aren't you. I'll take your word for it as if anyone would know it would be you. But a pattern failure? I have never heard of or seen this. Really? high pressure fuel will do that?

Posted Image

Yes, I'm serious and yes, it is a pattern failure seen mostly in pump shops because they see so many components. IIRC, my pump guy said internal leakage but I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it. He had a couple on the shelf for show and tell but they were not PSDs, they were something else with that same hole. I was also freaked out by it when I first saw it 15-20 years ago.

Posted Image