built 05/10/07,..need cal update TSB #

Rate this topic

Got an '08 6.4 here...customer came in for a high idle concern,long story short i reprogrammed it at IDS 68.11 level,high idle concern went away...i was told in order to get paid the big dollars (.6?) there has to be an applicable TSB # that fits the concern...only one I see is TSB 09-19-10,but thats for trucks 3 months newer...

Customer didn't pay,it was covered it under warranty (that's what the writer told the customer,but no deductible was collected),i'm guessing that was a freebie...no biggie

Anyone got a TSB # for this,maybe it's outdated because it's out of the 3 year mark? Thanks Posted Image

What is the build date of the truck?

[*]TSB 09-16-9 Some 2008 F-Super-Duty 250-550 vehicles equipped with a 6.4L diesel engines and built prior to 8/2/2007 may require a calibration update which will cover several different concerns.

[*]TSB 09-19-10 Some 2008 F-Super Duty 250-550 vehicles equipped with a 6.4L diesel engine and built between 8/3/2007 and 1/2/2008 may require a calibration update which will cover several different concerns.

Also to clarify things concerning warranty and module reprogramming, yes, all module reflashes on 2006 and newer vehicles requires authorization by a TSB, FSA or Hot-Line instruction. The only exception would be for PMI (programmable module installation).