03 venting from degas

Rate this topic

My first post but been member awhile. Im sure this has been asked to death but i have 3 o3 early 04s that vent from degas. all have passed the vac portion of tsb and none of the cust have approved cooler removal for off the veh testing. Well now one is my own 03 with 182k. Whats strange is it only seems to happen hot and light to medium loads. have done many wide open accels and not had it vent. My personal cooler temp differance of max 8 degrees. Before I tear down has anyone seen cooler do this or am I most likely going to be pulling heads.

Thanks.

Ray.

If the fan clutch isn't engaging fully, it can cause venting also. I've seen several that would vent as a result of this with no "damage" to the cooling system, fan clutch replaced and the venting stops with pressures staying in proper range. Make sure you have a good fan clutch before going any further with headgaskets!

Is your ECT getting out of hand? I see a lot of these with restricted air flow through the cooling stack. All the crap (including feathers)seems to be able to make it through the condenser and the CAA... giving the radiator a beautiful, but well hidden blanket.

There is a tale of woe in Alberta involving several dealers... thankfully, not ours. A 6.0 that got two head gasket jobs before the motor finally self destructed... the rad was plugged...

Ill check the cooloing stack. Mine has new fan clutch t-stat and water pump. I guess i should have checked that already.

Thanks for the replies. I guess it would help to know that they all 3 loose heat at idle and get air pockets . When take cap off can hear air bubbles rushing out.