New Rant.......

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

Okay guy's give me some room.....

Last week I get a call from a customer of mine that I have had thru the last 3 employers. He had a turbo on a Cummins N14 that puked and blew oil everywhere. We sold him a NEW turbo in July. He was pissed off and let me know he was..... I sent my driver post haste to retrieve the turbo as well as the CAC that was full of oil. I told him to relax and I would get them and check them out ASAP. I got the Turbo back within the hour and got my turbo guy right on it. Within 20 minutes my turbo guy brought me down the Turbine wheel and shaft with the bearings, what a ugly sight it was. Confused how this new turbo could look so bad I got the CAC over to My Rad. shop for a cleaning and pressure test. The CAC after cleaning failed a pressure test with 3 maybe 4 leaks. The shaft was blued from high temps and the bearings were scorched. My turbo guy guessed a lack of maint. But I didn't think so from looking at it and knowing the maint. this customer did from his past. Now mind you Cummins had a serious issue with Lube pumps and Cam failures of which I helped him get Cummins to pay for in the past on several of his engines. When I brought the lube pumps up to him he denied ever having these problems with them, when I told him where to look in his files he really got pissed. Now mind you I personnaly delivered these parts to them in past and know his trucks better than most people. Hell I even drank beer with the owner on most of the days I brought these to him and even went over to the K of C council next door for more after that. Randy the owner of the company came in today and wanted the old parts and will not deal with us anymore. I asked Craig and Paul the owners of the shop what I should do with this situation. Thay gave me Cart Blanche on this. Whatever I wanted to do they would back me. I tried to talk with the owner and try to explain what I had seen but would not even listen to me. He was a being a real pecker-head. I was ready to give him another new turbo but wouldn't even listen to what I had to say. I gave him back his basket case of a turbo and told him to go get his paperweight of a CAC from the Rad shop. I explained this to Paul and he is backing me on this decision, the customer was wrong. I think he has a engine that will NUKE very soon. The lube pump and leaking CAC is the cause and will be a major failure soon if they run it again without addressing this situation. Now I am at a impass do I try again to get them to understand what I'm talking about or let them destroy a 20K engine???????? Thing that really kills me is I got Cummins to pay for about 35K worth of lube pump failures in the past but this guy is hell bent that the turbo is the problem. WTF????????? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

What should I do? Try again or let them kill another engine?

Calm down Larry. If there is one life lesson I am learning every day (and I'm sure everyone of us here is learning too), is that no matter how hard you try, you will NEVER make everyone happy. One can only bend over ass-backwards so far .......

Yea I know, gotta keep my cool. It just sucks this guy has been a customer for a LONG time. I know he's just pissed because his shit is broken. As for the N14 Lube pump issues, I have to dig thru my paperwork at home. Cummins no longer sells Reman (3803698RX) lube pumps because of a high failure rate with them.