New cost cap tool on FMC

Rate this topic

GregH

I had the pleasure of using the cost cap tool today on a trashed 6.4L... Quick, easy, and gave an answer right away, though not the answer I expected.

Gives you the option of the enhanced short block or repairing the existing block. Then you can choose your addons. High pressure stuff, EGR coolers, cylinder heads, etc. No options for selecting gaskets or other sundries.

At the end it'll give you a thumbs up or down.

Mine had failed rod cap bolts on #1 and #2, locked up engine, cylinder head and block damage, cooked bearings all the way back to #8, worn rocker arms and bridges, and a slight leak at the horizontal EGR cooler. Main parts are an enhanced short block, two heads, full set of rocker arms and bridges, and an EGR cooler. The powers that be instructed me to repair the assembly.

jawohl, mein Ford.

So do they ask what the causal part is? Or better yet what was the defect that caused the failure. You gotta know they will ask when the claim goes through, prior approval or no prior approval.