P1316 P1219 P1670

Rate this topic

CHASING DTCS P1219 P1316 P1670, RUNS UNTIL WARM THAN WILL DYE, ONLY HAS DYE WHEN IDLEING OR COMING TO A STOP AFTER DRIVEN FOR A WHILE, REPLACED IDM AND REPLACED PCM PER HOTLINE, HAVE THE WHEEL WELL OFF AND TRACED WIRES, PINPOINT TEST LED TO REPLACE IDM, CAN NOT GET TO DYE BY WIGGLE WIRES, JUST AFTER DRIVEN AND SITS A MINUTE. RPM SIGNAL, VREF, ICP 2200 IPR 30%, TOMANY 6.0 LATELY FORGOT THE BASICS ON A 7.3

First, what have you done to address the P1316 code; IDM codes detected? Have you run the Injector Electrical self test(buzz test) and corrected any harness or injector concerns?

In looking at the codes P1219 & P1670, neither explicitly mean a circuit failure but rather a communication error or missing or corrupt data. The PCM and IDM share two digital control signals; 1- fuel delivery and 2- a camshaft position signal! Since you already replace both modules an you are absolutely positive that no harness issues exist take a look at your CMP signal. I think you will find that your camshaft position sensor is beginning to fail.

I have seen this before a couple of times and it's rare. The fact that temperature affects the symptom supports my suspicions. Please keep us advised on your progress! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif