2010 Econoline

Rate this topic

6.0L quigley conversion for the SCE&G (electric company)looking for info on an RPM controller. I know the vehicle has bodybuilder tape outs but cannot find anyone who knows anything about them. all I need it to do is raise the RPM to 1200 so the fiber optic repair guys can use their equipement in the back. I can't seem to locate anything.

any help would be appreciated.

under the hood should be a bundle of wires folded in and insulated. I think it's the purple and black(if I'm not mistaken-posting at home or I'd take a look). Then you connect it to key on power-preferbly fused. After do a koer test-even if you got high idle if it's the wrong wire I believe the test will abort and throw a code-forgot wich one but it happened to me once. The pcm will adjust the rpm based on the load.

ok.........so I find a violet and brown wire in pin 9.

NOT

I had to open the harness,remove the plug in the PCM connector and install my own wire. It did work like a champ when I got it hardwired and in place.

I guess Ford did not include that setup in this particular harness. all the PTO/SEIC wiring were empty cavities.

Thanks for all the input fellas

Gary