NOX sensor

Rate this topic

I've been informed that the new calibration is to be released at latest by the end of the week, if not by tomorrow.

It must have been released today. I was working on a 2012 Focus with some odd codes stored in the PCM. Anyways, hotline told me to update IDS to 72.03 which was just released today. It didn't have any calibrations for me.

But it probably has the one you need. If you haven't already been informed of it's availability.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must have been released today. I was working on a 2012 Focus with some odd codes stored in the PCM. Anyways, hotline told me to update IDS to 72.03 which was just released today. It didn't have any calibrations for me.

Thank you for that piece of information. I just updated the IDS to 72.03 as of this post, and re-connected it to the truck outside to check. Low and behold, the updated calibration is now available. But I am NOT flashing it in my driveway. I sure as hell don't feel like having to call work tomorrow morning to be towed into work, in case it should blank the PCM and TCM, which would likely happen with my luck. For the record, I have been instructed to install a NOx sensor as well.

Changed a NOx sensor just the other day - we are now up to revision "F" in the part numbers.

There is supposed to be yet another revision coming in about a couple weeks according to the FSE.

Originally Posted By: lmorris

Nothing in OASIS yet though.

A TSB will be released in a couple days according to what I've been told. After driving it home the last couple nights, I've been unable to recreate the "dead pedal" symptom, so back to the customer it goes.

I just reprogrammed a truck today with ids 72.03 and I still have a code p164a after the programming. I replaced the nox sensor because it had p207F,reset nox and scr system and performed a manual regen and p164a comes back after driving it 10 kms. It passes koeo and koer but shows up in cmdtc's. I will not be able to do anymore diag as they are taking the truck way up north were they live. I hope it's not the programme that is still causing this code to come back because I don't know how much longer some customers can wait to get this fixed.

I just reprogrammed a truck today with ids 72.03 and I still have a code p164a after the programming. I replaced the nox sensor because it had p207F,reset nox and scr system and performed a manual regen and p164a comes back after driving it 10 kms. It passes koeo and koer but shows up in cmdtc's. I will not be able to do anymore diag as they are taking the truck way up north were they live. I hope it's not the programme that is still causing this code to come back because I don't know how much longer some customers can wait to get this fixed.

I have everything the same that has happened to the one I'm working on, except the part about the P207f. I've now been instructed to replace the NOx module by my FSE.

Quote from the hotline:

In regards to the P164A DTC, it is recommended to perform a manual regeneration, SCR parameter reset and NOX adaptive table reset using the IDS. Then road test the vehicle. IF the DTC returns, refer to pin point test RD and replace the NOX sensor.

NOX adaptive table reset is in the powertrain - service functions - reset/clear functions menu.

First successfull repair, so far. Reprogram, regen, reset SCR and NOX. Roadtest, codes return, PPT RD, replaced NOX sensor, regen, reset SCR and NOX tables. Roadtest 15 KM, no codes. Posted Image

Well, I might as well update mine as well. After the reflash, replace NOx sensor and manual regen, reset the same tables as Leon's. P164a returned upon road test home, but no CEL. Replace NOx module, regen and reset tables again. This thing is FIXED!!!!

BTW, anyone of you ever had a "dead pedal" like mine that didn't set codes? If you do, post up the APP % and volt readings.

BTW, anyone of you ever had a "dead pedal" like mine that didn't set codes? If you do, post up the APP % and volt readings.

The only 2011 I had with a dead pedal was caused by the brake over accel feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I might as well update mine as well. After the reflash, replace NOx sensor and manual regen, reset the same tables as Leon's. P164a returned upon road test home, but no CEL. Replace NOx module, regen and reset tables again. This thing is FIXED!!!!

Who's Leon?

I'm confused. Now I've got a second truck that with a MIL and had the reprogram. This truck has a P0133 in addition to the P164A and P2A00. P0133 uses the same pinpoint test as the other DTC's, and I feel like I’m arbitrarily replacing the NOX module because the only real test I’ve done so far is check for voltage at the module. I'm thinking I may have a bad NOX sensor, but the pinpoint test asks if I'm diagnosing the P2A00. Well yes I am, but I've got a P0133 before it. Posted Image

The FSE just stopped by today, to pick up the NOx module I replaced (and repaired successfully) on mine, to deliver it straight back to Dearborn. Don't know what's to come of it. He then goes on to inform me that the TSB is being re-written as of this post, to include replacement of the NOx sensor with the 'G' suffix (which cannot be obtained at present).

It's been a few days since we found out Ford (in Canada, at least) will no longer pay for any "F" sensors. "G" sensors are supposed to be available next week.

We "fixed" ,and I say that cautiously, one last week. Now the customer says his mileage jumped from 17L per 100k towing, up to 25L per 100k. He is a little pissed. Which is funny because he has been our most adamant customer, wanting the update and all. Most others are calmly waiting this out.