Snow day

Rate this topic

GregH

Well, looks like no one is going to work today... We've got about 8 inches of this cold white shit on the ground, and our cars don't get no traction on it. What's this stuff? Snow?

The storm that came through the southeast yesterday dropped an unheard-of amount on us. The city has a plow, and a salt truck, but they just aren't needed most of the time. And they won't come all the way out here. We are stuck until it melts off a little..

I've got a couple of sleds in the garage that haven't seen action for a while. And my daughter has yet to build a snowman. Ahh, to live in the south, where snow is a pleasant rarity.

I'm going out to play. Later!

My weekend job depends on that stuff. Actually, our whole community depends on it. If it ain't snowin', poeple ain't plowin', if they ain't plowin', they ain't gettin' paid, and then they ain't spending money.

You are too predictable. You must be feeling better my friend.

OK, yea, I'm boring and predictable, but I guess there's worse titles to have in life. Posted Image

You're right, I found a wrecking yard with a fresh hit 6.7 and bought everything I need for great cutaways in class- engine assy, intercooler, secondary radiator, FP, fuel cooler, DEF tank, NOx module, and complete aftertreatment system. It was a 250 with a bed so it has the dual impeller turbo, and man, was it hit hard! I didn't see any blood in the cab but the FD cut the roof off to extricate the driver. There's virtually nothing usable in the complete cab assy and the driveline even took hard hits breaking things like driveshaft flanges and other not-so-soft stuff. The dash cluster is a joke so mileage is unknown, but with the telltale grease stains spreading from various areas I'm guessing it's an early build with 20K or more miles on it. My Dearborn connection was coming up empty so I pulled the trigger on buying one. Unfortunately I probably won't really work on it until spring......

PS, yes, I'm feeling great but the Doc still won't let me lift anything for another month.

Posted Image

Poor bastard, I hope he is okay. The truck was actually quite new.

OASIS RESULT:

1FT7W2BT2BEA54924

USA

EN

01/11/2011

09:39:24

FCXWS447

© Copyright 2002-2010 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

2011 F-SERIES BODY STYLE

F-250 CREW CAB 4X4 ENGINE

6.7L 4V V8 TC DIESEL

TRANSMISSION

6R140W 6 SPD AUTO AXLE CODE

3J ENGINE CALIBRATION

BFA17A0A

PAINT COLOR

STERLING GRAY METALLIC W/B RADIO

ELETR PREM AM/FM STRO/DISC GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT

10,000 LB. GVW

AXLE RATIO

3.55 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE

18X8 CAST ALUMINUM-TYPE 1 FRONT TIRE

LT 275/70R18E A/T OWL PLUS

SYNC VERSION

V3 VHR ACTIVATED

N

WARNING MESSAGES

VERIFY STATE REGISTRATION, VIN MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS WTY

ARN MESSAGES

GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION

WARRANTY START DATE

06/30/2010 BUILD DATE

06/07/2010 SALE MILEAGE

00032 New Vehicle Base Warranty

OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS

10B17

POWER INCREASE RECALIBRATION

EXTENDED COVERAGES

NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE

WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE

Click Here for Full Warranty History

| On-line 1878

END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FT7W2BT2BEA54924

You're right, I found a wrecking yard with a fresh hit 6.7 and bought everything I need for great cutaways in class- engine assy, intercooler, secondary radiator, FP, fuel cooler, DEF tank, NOx module, and complete aftertreatment system. It was a 250 with a bed so it has the dual impeller turbo, and man, was it hit hard! I didn't see any blood in the cab but the FD cut the roof off to extricate the driver. There's virtually nothing usable in the complete cab assy and the driveline even took hard hits breaking things like driveshaft flanges and other not-so-soft stuff. The dash cluster is a joke so mileage is unknown, but with the telltale grease stains spreading from various areas I'm guessing it's an early build with 20K or more miles on it. My Dearborn connection was coming up empty so I pulled the trigger on buying one. Unfortunately I probably won't really work on it until spring......

So how much was the hooping for everything you bought? I agree with Jim's suggestion on running the VIN through OASIS to narrow down approximate mileage. What was the condition of the driver (I'm assuming he was the lone occupant of the vehicle)?

So how much was the hooping for everything you bought? I agree with Jim's suggestion on running the VIN through OASIS to narrow down approximate mileage. What was the condition of the driver (I'm assuming he was the lone occupant of the vehicle)?

I was hoping Ford would come through with a free donor engine for me but after waiting a year with no results I began watching the junkyards (car-part.com) for one. I had estimated to myself $10K for the engine and 3K for accessories for a total of $13K. The one I found was a wrecking yard in the DC area and they listed the engine for $6500. I called him with my list and we agreed on $8250 for everything. (There's another 6.7 in TN for $9350 right now) I thought it was a good deal, so my wife and I drove down Sunday, visited her brother who lives nearby, picked up the parts yesterday and drove back. It's almost 6 hrs each way, not too bad. I think it was worth the trip.

I asked the yard guys if the driver made it and they responded with "we don't like to think about that".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I looked at it hoping with no blood maybe there was noone inside, but with the airbag deployed that meant the key was on and cutting the roof off meant there was someone inside. Man, that thing was creamed. There's not much usable besides the rear axle. The front drive axle was hammered and maybe not usable, the transfer case was broken, Even the motor was beat up- secondary WP broken, oil filter adapter broken, both oil pans broken, etc, FP housing broken (even though it has a bash guard around it) so there will be some parts I either have to repair or buy. That thing was frigging HIT.

:grin: