fuel tank aft axle 7.3 aftermarket?

Rate this topic

kevin phillips

I have a 1999 7.3 f-350 drw truck in need of the aft axle fuel tank.the fuel tank is rusty beyond repair and the ford unit parts says is no longer available.What are you guys using for a replacement? i am not having any luck finding a oem style replacement that will work.Anybody know a place or link thank you

• 4 weeks later...

What's the difference between a 1999 and say a 2004 F350 with a aft axle tank?

Just changed one in a 2004 6.0 and it looks identical to me as the F450 and F550 tanks I've changed in the older trucks.

List price was scary though.

For much less you can get it stripped and re-laminated. We have done a few tanks with these people with no problems. I forget the price but it was 1/2 or less than that of a new tank and they warranty it for 3/36. New tank id only 12/12 from Ford. As I recall they even have exchange tanks in stock now otherwise it was a few days turn around.

Gas Tank Renu - USA, New Jersey

Finger's Radiator

2005 US Highway #1

North Brunswick, NJ. 08902

1-732-297-3563

Hi Keith, we are now saving all the old tanks. The fleet that we did 6 tanks in, at that time no one wanted them, so they got tossed.

Thanks for that number, I'm going to bring it to work monday.

Another local truck shop near to us has a deal with a tank reconditioner, could be Renu, but I'm not sure on that. They'll take 4 old tanks and give us two tanks redone for free with a warranty.