10B20

Rate this topic

cbriggs

Anybody have the joy of toying with this one yet? (sync, MFT reflash). Between IDS freeze ups, crashes and reboots, a failed IDS software update which required uninstall / reinstall of IDS, and 3 - 45 minute software downloads, it took me 6.1hrs to do a reprogram on my first one.

If you have the joy of doing one... perform all of the security changes in the sevice tip link and update IDS to the very latest level before starting anything. Follow the onscreen directions carefully, but beware, the wsm instructions leave out a few minor steps, and dont state clearly what to do in a few instances. Clicking the wrong thing in these instances will send you for a 30 minute loop backwards. Ask me how I know.....

I had similar troubles with my first SYNC run in. Ugh! Once you have a little familiarity and your IDS has already download some files it gets better. Now that SYNC is in Tore trucks we all are going to have to deal with this eventually.

Another tech had a failed reprogram and, for some strange reason, released the car. Customer is already wondering if buying this car was the right decision...

I started the process again at about 3:00 the next day and finished up about 9:00 that same day.

In Fords defense - they do tell us that a "hard wired internet connection is strongly recommended".

What really got to me was that the first programming attempt (by the other tech) was allowed by IDS using 70.04. The second programming session made me update to 71.01.

Just re-programmed all of our stock units, no major problems. One said programming failed, so I re-did it and it was ok, and only took a fraction of the time second time around. I find that if IDS is up to date, settings are all correct in your browser, you are patient, don't shortcut, and make sure your USB cable is plugged all the way in, programming is not a problem. Same with programming issues with 6.4s. I have seen so many horror stories but have personally never had trouble.