Louisville Truck Show

Rate this topic

Bruce Amacker

Just got back from the show and it was disappointing this year. Ford's exhibit was very ordinary and blah, and not even any engines on display. (They have at least one cutaway 6.7 if not several, and a boatload of gas engine cutaways) It consisted of several trucks with their hoods up (a couple of 6.7s, a V10 F650, vans, etc) and a game show giveaway where you pick the numbered suitcases and get what's inside. Very uninspired if you ask me.

IH redid their exhibit but used most of last year's engines so I was disappointed there, too. The MaxxForce 15 engine on display was new, it's the Cat C15 makeover for those not informed. The MFDT on display was last year's model when there were major changes to their engine lines lately. The newest engines now have electric fuel pumps and a few other changes. They did have a truck with the current engine in it (big whoopee) but you can't see squat on the motor when it's in a chassis. Their emphasis this year was on clean emissions, showing off a hybrid DT truck, a MF11 bi-fuel which uses 85% LPG and 15% diesel to run, and a LP converted DT using spark plugs. The trouble is, when these are in chassis, you can't see $hit.

I did take 500 pics but a lot of them were repeats of last year.

Posted Image