04 eseries Oil Line Restricter??

Rate this topic

While removing the oil filter adapter tubes from the adapter on top of the oil cooler i just found a washer with a small hole in it, looks like some kind of restricter. It was in the left tube driver side. I have never seen this before. Is this some kind of remidy for somthing?? It fits in the tube almost perfectly with one part of it a little distorted.

I'm not surprised at anything i find on these units here, also i should mention there was blue bearing grease on the cam sensor and yesterday when i changed the oil there was some metal on the drain plug. It was in last month for a blown out egr cooler, had all injectors replaced but has original oil cooler. Also i found one port on cyl.6 intake gasket melted.

I did not drive it when it came in because i was scared i would get stuck with it but i drove it today.

It has a hollow sounding knock thats coming from the air intake tube area. It was running great until i got it on the highway then it sputtered a bit and then took off fine with a lot of power. Cruising good for about five miles until decelerating to the exit ramp it started to misfire. Check power ballance and cyl.2 dead as dead. Take off from a stop and the engine smoothes out. Drive a few more blocks and at a light and 2 dies again and 4 has a slight mis. This continues on and off all the way back to the shop, then in the shop it runs smooth.

Relative compression tested 3 times and all 0. Ficm powers all check out good. Buzz test good. Also had a 27 degree span between temp. sensors. But i could'nt change out the oil cooler, we only have one and it's for emergency units. And so i'm told oil coolers are on national backorder until sometime this month?

I changed the engine harness for an intermittant stall-crank no start concern this had for a while, the harness was chaffed really bad in one spot.

I think it has some loose injectors-this seems to be an epidemic around here. I have seen whole banks go out like two months after replacing all 8(not me i torque them). Can also be failed injector/s maybe from overtightening or a bad stock?