Need help quickly.

Rate this topic

Putting a left cylinder head, that I didn't remove, back on a 97 F250 HD. 96 body style. The WSM does not state that I have to put in any headbolts before lowering the head into place. It looks tight and it has been so long since I have done this before and I am skeptical. Any quick response would be helpful.

Figured it out. One bolt needs to be installed with head first. Lower row, furthest back. Nice of them to mention that in the WSM.

It also says to remove and install the head without the exhaust manifold, but all thre pictures show it hanging off the crane with the manifold attached. And you do need to have it removed. Especially the left side.

It's been a while since I been down that road. Ah, brings back memories. I used to do a shit ton of head gaskets and heads on the old 7.3 and 6.9 IDI's. Although the Pstroke was a tad easier due to no spider web of fuel lines and intake assy, just had to monkey with the fuel line in the turbo area.