Coming soon....

Rate this topic

... to a bay far too close to me...

A customer has two identical trucks... off the line they are pretty much equal (I am told) but when we get up to speed, one will walk away from the other on a hill.

No pertinent codes, naturally, but they are both waiting for the "G" NOx sensors and have the codes to prove it P164A and P2A00).

The focus has been directed to boost at this point. For no other reason than the little trinket in the instrument cluster that they call a "boost gauge" reads higher in the "good" truck.

So... Traversing what seems to be about an 8% grade, I get a MAP_A of 37ish PSI (our Baro is about 13.65 PSI so my boost was a tad over 23 PSI. I'm still learning what I expect to see (shit, haven't even had the 6.7 course yet). Compared to a brand new yet not real identical truck, boost is in the ball park.... as are EBP, DPF, VGT and a host of other PIDs. The new truck was identifiably stronger but this could be all about 18 inch versus 20 inch wheels and crew cab versus super cab.

I expect to get the "good truck" in this coming week for a comparison run.... I am getting the impression that it might possibly be the "good truck" that is the "broken one"....

Stay tuned for more from the "Disneyland of the North"....

My condolences... I've been on the receiving end of similar complaints... Hope yours pans out into a warrantable repair...

• 2 weeks later...

They were both at the same calibration level... however, recent events have left our schedule in a spot of disarray and it may be a while before we get back to this pair.

We are curently down to one diesel tech (me and doubling as shop foreman doesn't add to my efficiency) - hopefully, the other two will be back next week.

• 1 month later...

If they make it back in to your stall check the adjustment on the wastgate rod. you maybe able to play with it a little bit and "fix" the issue. there is a knowen issue that the latist recal fixes about 95% of the time.

so you may be able to slow the fast truck down.

• 2 weeks later...