claim kicked for parts

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

Ford must have complete fucking idiots reviewing diesel claims. I seriously think they had a shortage and just hired extras from reality shows such as Jersey Shore, and so-on.

Warranty guy called me in the office and said they wanted to know why all the parts charged on a short block claim were needed. Posted Image

My first thought was "your joking right?" which then turned into "you gotta be fucking kidding me". So we had to write a reply which went like this:

short block=casual part

valve grind set=needed to install heads

lower gasket set=needed to install upper and lower oil pans

rear main=needed to seal rear crank

front cover gasket..........and on and on and on and on

This went for every frickin part on that frickin ticket. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You forgot a line:

extra information = needed because Ford warranty claims are reviewed by people who don't know what they are doing.

My favorite reason for claim reviews have to do with parts that the workshop manual tells you to DISCARD or bolts that are 1-time use items. Some of my favorite questions are why do we need 17 quarts of oil when replacing oil/EGR coolers on a 6.0L or why we needed 4 gallons of anti-freeze on a 6.0.L engine repair or engine flush.

You forgot a line:

extra information = needed because Ford warranty claims are reviewed by people who don't know what they are doing.

My favorite reason for claim reviews have to do with parts that the workshop manual tells you to DISCARD or bolts that are 1-time use items. Some of my favorite questions are why do we need 17 quarts of oil when replacing oil/EGR coolers on a 6.0L or why we needed 4 gallons of anti-freeze on a 6.0.L engine repair or engine flush.

We are getting nailed on fluids now too. I had to seriously argue with management about why I needed so much oil and coolant! REALLY!!!? So I have to rewrite the WSM for each repair? common I dont have time for that BS! It should be a given if your doing engine work you need engine oil and coolant. We are now being told to reuse coolant AND oil or charge the customer for it! yeah um...not happening. I can see coolant to a degree but engine oil?? If that was my truck and I found out someone put the same oil in it after a engine repair I would be ticked....

Charge the customer? BULLSHIT! When the TSB says change the engine oil and filter, Ford pays for it. When the TSB says flush the cooling system and install new coolant, Ford pays for it.

"But the engine oil capacity for a LOF is 15 quarts." I say, yes it is. And when you remove the oil cooler and adapter about another 2 quarts drains into the pan and out the drain in the bottom of the pan.

100% agree with you keith and yes I explained to them about the capacity concerns. they fail to realize everything holds oil, oil cooler, oil rails, injectors, pump etc. A totally dry motor like a short block repair is going to use more oil then say just a LOF. They tryed to trick me by calling and asking how much oil does a 6.0 hold. I ask for a LOF? The reply was yes. I responded with 15-15.5qts. Later come to find out when this issue of a kicked claim came about it was "you said it takes 15 but now your saying you needed 17 for this repair so why did you over charge on oil??" READ the Fn TSB already!

Its really getting old having to prove my decisions on a repair time and time again just to get paid from a job that probably is already under paid to begin with. Where does it end?

• 7 months later...

They get bent if you mix antifreeze more than 50/50 - even if the climate dictates it.

I had a job as a diesel claims warranty auditor. Couldn't get a US work permit.

I coulda been that guy everyone hated (even more than most people do now Posted Image