Oasis symptom coding

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I ran it on an 07 s-d 6.0l for cranks ok, no start-cold. (text book ficm failure) No tsb's. Hmmm, I'm sure there was a ficm tsb the other day. Weird. So I went back and re ran it cranks ok, no start -always. Magicly the ficm tsb pops up. Pretty sure 95% of ficm concerns are hard start /no start cold. I think (hope?)they still have some work to do on this setup.

Glad Im not the only one that took one look at that disaster and said "fuck me"

I really dont understand the need to over complicate that system. I like the idea of breaking it down to a few more sections but this is far too much and it isolates everything too much. I cant say how many times I have come accross TSBs/SSMs that are not exactly what the concern is(read: customer complaint being wrong)or TSBs that dont "technically" apply but the concern/build dates are close enough to suspect the same problem.

Well using a higher level code seems to improve things. I see what they are trying to do but man! There are too many codes. Maye in time it will work better and we will get used to it. Maybe we will come to like it. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Glad Im not the only one that took one look at that disaster and said "fuck me"

It seems to me that it is now so specific, if a TSB doesn't fit EXACTLY, it won't show it. Using the third level of boxes works better because it generalizes things a bit more, but I still don't care for it. Maybe in time it will grow on me, but for now, I run it, then check the TSB list manually.

Ford has released SVB 2011-44N on the Canadian website. They tell us to use the GCR process if we wish to make suggestions regarding the new symptom codes.

I'm a little surprised that you Yanks don't appear to have something similar. Years ago there was a "back door" that I found and could slip through to the US pages... even took the preliminary test for the Senior Master Challenged a few times. If you guys still have "ask Ernie", maybe he could let you know...

Ahhh, apparently Ford doesn't ask us, they tell us. Oh, they do take input from us but it is very channeled. I am typically optimistic... I am hoping that the new symptom code format matures in time. I don't see how all of the old information will fit into all of the new selections without some painstaking rewriting or database editing. I am sure that as new SSMs and TSBs are written they will be assigned into these new selections... and it will work better on the expended choices.

When you consider concern codes and causal codes.... maybe this was where symptom codes was heading all along...

How many times do we stare blankly at the RO searching for anything better than "42" for a cause code.

• 9 months later...

I am much happier with this! (I finally got more used to the "global symptom code format" but I honestly do not feel it improved much.)

May 01 2012 "Classic" Symptom Codes Make a Return Engagement!

Responding to user feedback, Classic OASIS Symptom codes are again available to technicians on the Vehicle ID tab. Users can now choose to navigate technical information using either the new Global Customer Symptom Codes or the traditional "Classic" Symptom Codes.