DPF issue

Rate this topic

Vehicle returns with codes p246c and p2463 for soot accumulation. Previously replaced exhaust system and dpf sensor (would not regen at the time, said too clogged). DPF load= 45% Dist since last regen = 92 miles. avg regen =336 miles. soot_inf =1.799. DPF voltage = .49 at idle and spike to 4 volts while raising rpm. Instrument cluster reads "filter 0% full" Any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

After several conversations with hotline, I was finaly informed that the auxillary coolant bottle leaks onto the air filter box contaminating the air filter and mass air flow sensor causing erratic readings.

Fluid in coolant bottle was low. Found some residue on air filter. Swapped mass air flow sensors, did notice a difference in MAF readings. After replacing sensor DPF readings are more consitent, before they would go from 40% to 420% within the same day.

Gonna have to bear with me for a minute here, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this idea.

Posted Image

Don't pay no never mind to them arrows in this photo. But looking at the photo, I am trying to figure out how a leaking secondary cooling system at any point and especially at or near the bottle (which is closest to the air box) could allow the air intake system to pull air born antifreeze into itself and wreak havoc. At any rate I would be more concerned about a leaking cooling system first rather than a skewed maf reading.

Just thinking out loud, I have heard and read some very odd things concerning diagnosis of these new engines. Trying to take it all in (weed it out) and catalog it for future ref.

I wonder if it could be from the overflow hose. There is no bottle on the secondary overflow, just a small hose elbow that dumps coolant besided the air box.

That hose goes down beside the part of the filter pulls air from under the hood. If the filter was slightly plugged or the foam was removed, I could see it sucking in coolant under a high load. Now to figure out why the secondary system would have purged coolant in the first place.