have an 07 e350ambulance with bent valve.

Rate this topic

This ambulance has a 6.0 liter diesel came in with a dead miss on# 6,relative comp. Was down on# 6,powerbalance showed a dead miss on# 6,fuel press good inj.buzz test passed.decided to do a compression test all were good accept #6was very low,removed head to find bent valve and piston had made contact with with valve,there was no signs of debris in cyl.or exh.any body have any idea what could havecaused this kind of damage,or anything else I should be looking for.I think this is looking like retail if I can't find cause of failure.any. help muchly appreciated.

I can guarantee you it won't be retail, there is a class action law suit that has bumped the longevity of the warranty into ridiculous numbers.

Sounds like a classic case of "lot rot" and the valve hung open for a bit too long.

Me thinks the same thing. Pop the valve out and see how easily it slides. Look for rust on the stem or a dry greasy build-up. I have seen several stuck valves over the years and it usually is caused by sticking.

I can guarantee you it won't be retail, there is a class action law suit that has bumped the longevity of the warranty into ridiculous numbers.

Sounds like a classic case of "lot rot" and the valve hung open for a bit too long.

oh yeah, It will be warranty for sure. Thats one of those kinda of jobs ford will turn a blind eye to due to it being a ambo and just pay the claim

The suits are spelled out in documents 09m01 09m02 09m03 59m21 59m22 and 59m23. They are too large for me to put up in this post but those numbers can get you in the right direction if you hit up a Ford dealer.

As far as lot rot goes, the van sat in the back corner of the ambo lot for a flat tire, inspection failure, burned out headlight or whatever, it sat a whole month and nobody started it or moved it 15 feet. They just abandoned this poor thing cause they got a bunch of 10's in. Then someone decided to get it back on the road and boom. Posted Image Hey it could happen.

Is it true that if it goes into the extended then customer has to pay half if under 100k and if over 100k then customer pays 3/4 of the total? i had an 06 sent to the dealer and it was just out of the 5 year from april and they told me that.