P00B7

Rate this topic

P00B7 doesn't send you to PPT K2. Were you just messing around and looking at all the PPT steps? I haven't had a code yet that sends me to K2.

Whenever I have that code I end up at K9 and replacing the thermostat.

Yes, I was perusing the entire K tests. Usually accessing and disconnecting a sensor to perform a test is not too big of a deal. The ECT on a 6.4L is not easy to access let alone disconnect. We have another 6.4L in the shop with the shroud and stator odd and the connector was still a pain in the ass.

I am probably looking at a thermostat but the last one I came across needed an oil cooler.

• 1 year later...

Interesting... I've got one right now with that DTC. The pinpoint test leads right to the thermostat, but the thermostat was JUST replaced at another Ford dealer.

Will this DTC cause a lack of power and a wrench light?

I just put stats in my truck when I replaced my radiator, and warm up times are significantly longer now, and it loses ECT in a HURRY at idle after cruising on the highway.

Usually if the coolant level is correct and there are no leaks the it's mostly likely thermostats. I have had a couple where they were recently replaced and code returns because of damaged t-stat housing.

The Tstats were JUST replaced, so I think it might be worth taking a look.

I have had a couple where they were recently replaced and code returns because of damaged t-stat housing.

What happens to the housing?

They slots where the thermostats go into get worn out or cavitated which causes the thermostats to pop out of the slots.

Originally Posted By: Mikill
Usually if the coolant level is correct and there are no leaks the it's mostly likely thermostats. I have had a couple where they were recently replaced and code returns because of damaged t-stat housing.

The Tstats were JUST replaced, so I think it might be worth taking a look.

You'never guess what I found when I took the thermostat housing off...

The ORIGINAL thermostats. There is NO WAY they were JUST replaced.

So they likely ended up in another tech's toolbox. You know, this sounds exactly like a situation I had been through years ago on an E-Series that wouldn't start once up to operating temperature. The OASIS also showed that the STC had been replaced recently, so here I was chasing a high pressure oil leak that sounded like it was cover from the STC as well. Low and behold, when I pulled the pump cover, it still had the original STC.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted By: Mekanik

So they likely ended up in another tech's toolbox. You know, this sounds exactly like a situation I had been through years ago on an E-Series that wouldn't start once up to operating temperature. The OASIS also showed that the STC had been replaced recently, so here I was chasing a high pressure oil leak that sounded like it was cover from the STC as well. Low and behold, when I pulled the pump cover, it still had the original STC.

I really hate that. Once I spent years dealing with a Ford Probe with an engine noise that some other tech did a TSB for a cam gear that would take care of this noise. FINALLY I took the thing apart to re-replace the cam gearand fixed the car.

The thermostat seals were coming apart and they were most definately original.