6.0 Upper Injector O-rings

Rate this topic

ETS

I need 3 sets of upper o-rings for 05 6.0. You know the ones that blow out when oil manifold is improperly installed. Snap ring, Metal o-ring and Rubber o-ring. The local dealer cannot find part number. Only lower kit 3C3Z-9228-AA. Which is wrong. Surely they are available with out buying complete injector? I have a few cores for metal o-rings if I must.

I noticed that too though the Alliant picture is not that clear. Larry sent me a picture that you can clearly make out all of the o-rings. No steel backer ring. Most of the failures of the inlet seal I came across were because of the machining of the injector head... a partially dislodged snap ring and a cracked backer ring. This seal kit would have not helped me in any of those instances. I have not personally seen an inlet seal fail in years.

I have seen 2 here in the last month, Directly related to who has been working on them. People forcing manifold down onto injectors without proper alignment and care. Thus cracking rings that eventually blow out. Fished a big piece from an oil gerator last week. Caused major failure of front cover & pump, oil cooler and screen to HP Pump. Comtaminated with metal particals.