Stabilizer Bushing Problem

Rate this topic

Mekanik

Hey guys, I’m having a problem with a front stabilizer bushing on a 4X4 2006 F350 (1FTWW31P76EB39298). The replacement bushings (5C3Z-5484-CA) do not have the slit on the side for installation. I would really rather not make a slit to install it because I’m not a butcher, and also because the reason I’m replacing the bushing is because the old one just fell out. I tried disconnecting the stabilizer bar and sliding it over the end, but the bar end is much larger than the stabilizer bushing hole.

We called a few dealers that show the bushing on their shelf and they have the same bushing without a slit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Posted Image

+1 on the utility knife... no material will be removed using this method.

I don't think we've ever had to replace the front sway bar bushings on a late SuperDuty with coil springs.. Leaf spring trucks... now THERE'S a bird with different feathers - you could depend on changing those.

I really didn't want to do it, but I ended up slicing them with a hacksaw. Yes, it has a lift kit cbriggs. The worst part was when I installed the new bushings and tightened up the stabilizer links and saw the new bushing pop right out. Posted Image

That's when I understood WHY the bushings came out in the first place. The vehicle has a lift kit and needed longer stabilizer links. Thanks for the help!