05 v10 3 valve motor

Rate this topic

captchas

i have a few ?'s on a 3 v ,v10.

first can any one tell this worn out retired tech. where he can get photos of a 3v apart.i'm looking for shots of the head in all directions . and esp. the camshaft bearings and caps.

also since i'm retired.more like totally disabled. can any one help me with generic code p0175 on my own 05 3v ,v10. i have had it come up several times lately. i know it's rich mixture bank 2 , just wondering if it has been found and what MAY HAVE POSSIBLY caused it. and any ideas ,i'm just hoping it's not a bad intake manifold or seals . i need the truck to go to P.T. every day and have no other rides nor can i afford to rent one. but fully uderstand it will need to be fixed.

what i have done is clean of the maf as i have a afe "k&n style filter kit" that may have or be the cause. not sure here. last ford dealer i worked in the pinto was still out and being built."ok i'm ageing myself" so i'm way out of date here. the lamp has stayed off for a while but i have also not driven far enough to get up to full temp either. and the last time it came on was after a 1 1/2 hour drive.

THANKS up front for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a way to look at your fuel trims? If so what are they? Has the light come back on since you cleaned the MAF? Do you have any other symptoms?

I've got a picture for you but cant paste it for whatever reason.. The image button only wants a URL, anyone else got an idea what I'm doing wrong here??

Quote:
I've got a picture for you but cant paste it for whatever reason.. The image button only wants a URL, anyone else got an idea what I'm doing wrong here??
To post a picture it must be on a server and accessible from the web. This site does not have a user photo album ...yet. If you e-mail the image to keith@forddoctorsdts.com I will put it on the server and put it in your post.

up date

the lamp has stayed off now for about 1k, i was getting p0175 rich bank 2 .but its stayed off after cleaning the mass air with elecrontics cleaner .yes keith i did go back to the stock air cleaner.

so i'm guessing some thing causeing the left bank o2s to throw a rich code. still don't know what it was.

I am confused Capt. Is this truck an '03 or an '05? We had a rash of bad fuel injectors when the 3 valve engines came out. I have had multiple experiences with 5.4L and 6.8L engines. Some just 1 or 2 injectors, several, entire sets!

My thinking is you could have an over fueling issue with an injector. An injector leak-down and relative flow test may be in order here.

not to much up on these new motors, im ok with the old push rod ones.

it threw code p0175 3 times total but not since i cleaned the mass air and went back to the stock a.f. system.

it dose have a very mild miss fire at times that seems more like a lean miss. only at idle. surges and feels like a lock up problem at speeds of 35 to 45 . the tail pipe is black like on a diesel not clean saying yes it's rich .since it's bank 2 or the left side your guess is better then mine

i sent a pm this am . with more information.

Quote:
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS
05-18-06
2005-2006 F-SUPER DUTY, F53: MIL, DTCS P0172, P0175, P2106, HESITATION, SURGE, HARSH DRIVE ENGAGEMENTS - 6.8L ENGINE
SOME VEHICLES, MAY EXHIBIT ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: (MIL) ON WITH (DTC'S) P0172 (SYSTEM TOO RICH BANK 1) AND/OR P0175 (SYSTEM TOO RICH BANK 2) WITH NO DRIVEABILITY SYMPTOMS, DTC P2106 (THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL SYSTEM-FORCED LIMITED POWER) WITH NO DRIVEABILITY SYMPTOMS, HESITATION/SURGE ON ENGAGEMENT IN DRIVE OR REVERSE UNDER ACCELERATION, HARSH DRIVE ENGAGEMENTS ON START UP. REPROGRAM THE (PCM) TO THE LATEST CALIBRATION USING WDS RELEASE B38.11 AND HIGHER OR B39.2 AND HIGHER. THIS NEW CALIBRATION IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE B39 CD. CALIBRATION FILES MAY ALSO BE OBTAINED AT http://WWW.MOTORCRAFT.COM. THIS TSB SHOULD NOT BE PERFORMED IF BOTH P2106 AND P2135 ARE PRESENT TOGETHER. FOR VEHICLES BUILT 11/29/2004 AND PRIOR REFERENCE TSB 05-14-4. FOR VEHICLES BUILT 11/30/2004 AND LATER REFERENCE THE ONLINE VERSION OF THE PC/ED MANUAL.
See TSB for complete details
EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/29/2005

• 1 month later...

keith and techs

the 2 tsb's fixed this baby it now runns like and better then new. one they replaced the tps with and found some thing like 3 updated flashes beond keiths found tsb .

thanks for the help.