Windows 7 and Fmc dealer

Rate this topic

Got a new laptop for xmas with windows 7 old one was vista, now i cannot access fmc dealer from my laptop, can access on any other computer in shop without a problem, also having the same problem logging into mitchell on demand with windows 7. Has anyone ran into this and is there a fix for it?

What version of windows 7 are you running? I run win7 pro, 64 bit, with no issues. To find this info click start, then right click "computer" and choose properties.

Another thing is IE9 seems to have issues. If this is what you are running, down grade to IE8.

Running the same setup and have no issues. IE9 gives me some trouble however but typically only on the WSM

Same here but I do remember having to make some changes in my browser settings similar to what we had to do for IE7 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Win7 and IE9 works fine. apply the same security settings that are listed for IE8. make *.dealerconnection.com a trusted website too. as for mitchel on demand, i believe the trick for that is to enable compability view in IE9, or something along those lines. had to do that to all the service advisors computers when work upgraded computers recently. all computers at work are now win7pro and IE9.