Biased FRP?

Rate this topic

No but I have one in right now with a slightly elevated idle, occasional low idle, no DTC's and runs perfectly otherwise. All checks and PIDs are good EXCEPT RPM/RPMDES (1100/640) and LOAD is a little low (6%)

I just need to recheck the AP PID before proceeding... for some reason I did not have that selected. But if the AP was showing anything but closed I would expect to see RPMDES above 640, idle spec. Then again my expectations could be wrong... have another truck to compare with.

To me it is acting like a 6.0L with a biased ICP. FRPV = 0.5 volts KOEO but I have seen more than one ICP sensor look good at KOEO and be pooched.

I've seen a couple where the harness is the concern with the wires vibrate and spread the terminals apart. Had one to the point it set high pressure pump codes and would stall out intermittently while driving.

Where in the harness, at the sensor? I performed a wiggle test at the 15 pin connector but nothing showed... I have yet to pull the valve cover thought. My data recordings do not show any erratic voltage readings that might indicate a short or open circuit concern so I am not thinking this is an issue, but it's not to be ruled out I suppose.

Ahhh it's the freakin AP sticking just off idle. APP is 1.5% when it is acting up. I wasn't using APP which also shows Part Throttle. It's amazing how that affects starting and idle quality with such a minute glitch.