Spindle

Rate this topic

Mbl35

No Keith, the 2wd's have a spindle with packable wheel bearings Posted Image , not nearly as easy as the 4wd's, you actually have to take apart the bearings to remove the rotor Posted Image

Holy crap you are right! My bad. Can ya tell I work on mainly 4X4's and F450-550 trucks? I actually prefer the ease of a wheel bearing and nut on a spindle, sometimes those hubs really fight you when you try to get them off the knuckle.

Originally Posted By: joshbuys
No Keith, the 2wd's have a spindle with packable wheel bearings Posted Image , not nearly as easy as the 4wd's, you actually have to take apart the bearings to remove the rotor Posted Image

Holy crap you are right! My bad. Can ya tell I work on mainly 4X4's and F450-550 trucks? I actually prefer the ease of a wheel bearing and nut on a spindle, sometimes those hubs really fight you when you try to get them off the knuckle.

Yeah, I suppose you've got more rust back in your parts than I have to deal with when it comes to pulling 4x4's down. I know when I was in Wyoming I almost never saw a 2wd, but out here in California half of them are, so I get to play with them all the time. Posted Image

Im afraid I might get one thats a little scored or worn.

I was wondering if there was a company out there that puts new spindles on used knuckles like refurbished.

Im afraid I might get one thats a little scored or worn.

I was wondering if there was a company out there that puts new spindles on used knuckles like refurbished.

Never even considered the idea.... In all honesty, I can't see this as being a product with supportable demand.

If 2WDs are the norm in your area AND price is a serious concern, is there a reason you aren't considering a used knuckle?