deep tranie pans

Rate this topic

just a note for any techs looking at the mag hy-tek tranie pans for the 4r100 and more so the 5r110w.

if you get one lay a stock gasket over the pan to see if they have rerouted the oring yet,

mine was always leaking. we found the oring was inside the main case just enough that the pan always leaked. i dropped if 7 times all total the last time even had black gasket silicon and it still leaked.dropping it down ths last time we found how badly it was inside the case. yes the mercron sp gets costly.

i have made several phone calls out to them about it. with out any great results.what i did get was we test every one to some wild air pressure number. then i told them don't machine the grove don't supply a o-ring use a flat pan lip and the stock gasket .that went over real great.

at any rate i would not reccormend any of their newer ford pans that use a oring up to a autotranie case.

Capt. thats a good example of why we don't care for mods in the warranty shop. I don't care what a guy does to his truck -by all means, have fun with it- but what should I be expected to do with bolt on parts I know nothing about? You have now seen both sides of the coin my friend.

Thanx for the heads-up!