E-Series 6.0L Heater Hose Tee In

Rate this topic

mchan68

Those of you who have had E-Series cutaways coming in with Mickey Moused aftermarket installs of tee-ins to the factory heater hoses causing multiple coolant leaks due to poor installation resulting in rub-throughs on various components might want to consider installing the factory heater hoses that are installed on factory auxillary heater equipped applications with the metal tubes that are routed under the vehicle with a "loop-around" for the aftermarket installer to tee into, well away from the engine compartment. The part numbers needed are as follows:

9C2Z-18C553-E

Both Heater Hoses for E-Series 6.0L equipped with auxillary heat.

XC2Z-18B402-FA (KT-87)

Metal Tubes.

I wish my camera were working so that I could post pictures to describe the parts. Hope this helps someone else.

While you brought up the subject, Mike.... My pet HandiBus is a Corbiel coach on a cutaway E450 chassis. Since day one, the driver has complained about no heat in the winter. I've driven it each time and it has been pretty darned good - not earth shattering or tropical, but comfortable for folks dressed for an Alberta winter.

And here comes the "gotcha". The bus is equipped with an auxillary coolant heater as well as an inline coolant pump.

Recently, I repaired a couple of coolant leaks on this bus and appeared to be having trouble purging the cooling system of air. I turned on the inline pump and what heat I was getting disappeared.

To make a long story short, the pump was installed backwards into the system (it had the factory stub lines) and turning the pump on would stop coolant flow through the entire heater system (two rear heater cores in parallel with each other but in series with the front heater).

A double whammy... the driver couldn't equate turning the pump on with reduced heater output... and I didn't bother turning the pump on because I didn't feel the need to.....

While you brought up the subject, Mike.... My pet HandiBus is a Corbiel coach on a cutaway E450 chassis. Since day one, the driver has complained about no heat in the winter. I've driven it each time and it has been pretty darned good - not earth shattering or tropical, but comfortable for folks dressed for an Alberta winter.

And here comes the "gotcha". The bus is equipped with an auxillary coolant heater as well as an inline coolant pump.

Recently, I repaired a couple of coolant leaks on this bus and appeared to be having trouble purging the cooling system of air. I turned on the inline pump and what heat I was getting disappeared.

To make a long story short, the pump was installed backwards into the system (it had the factory stub lines) and turning the pump on would stop coolant flow through the entire heater system (two rear heater cores in parallel with each other but in series with the front heater).

A double whammy... the driver couldn't equate turning the pump on with reduced heater output... and I didn't bother turning the pump on because I didn't feel the need to.....

I'll do you one better Jim. What if this van comes in with SLUDGY GOOP overflowing from the degas bottle? Posted Image

That might be a good time to retire..... actually, I recently had the oil rails off this thing and, other than having to lay on my big, old man belly, it wasn't all that bad.... Considering I'm not flat rate.