6.7 out the front? anyone tried it yet?

Rate this topic

Not to burst your bubble,

You sir, are a....BUBBLE BURSTER :D

I have done 3 engines so far, all cab on. I have also come in just under the TSB times. I honestly don't see an issue with the times.Anyone else notice that these things like to stick on the right trany dowel. On #4 and I have had to use a prybar on all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: Leave the left turbo pipe attached to the manifold. Does not interfere with removal or installation, and you don't have to piss around trying to torque those nuts.

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure everything you need to know is in this thread already. They really are a nice job to do. With that said, I have a seized up one currently in my bay. I can't turn it over to get all the torque conv. nuts and I don't think it will be very friendly coming out the front with the conv. hanging off the back of the engine. I am lifting the cab and will seperate the engine and trans just enough to wrench the nuts off. Worked on a 6.4L so this should be the same.

I had the cab lifted in the same amount of time it takes to open up the front of the truck. Plus I pulled the heads with the engine in chasis so I don't have to piss around putting it on a stand. To quote my nephew "Just like a slick of butta."