7.3 cylinder head

Rate this topic

dieseldoc

Ok guys I am overhauling a 97 7.3 for my brother. It had cylinder damage in number 7, which included some dings in the bottom of the head. I have a set of 00' cylinder heads at my shop that are ready to go. Here is the question: the 00 head have 10 bolts for the intake while the 97 heads obviously have 8 bolts for the itake. Can I put the 8 bolt manifolds on the 10 bolt heads? I would just get reman heads but he is on a bit of budget right now an at $700 a head for remans would like to help him out with mine right now if they would work. thanks for the input guys.

So complete brain fart today. The change to 10 bolt intakes was in 96, it was the intake port size that changed with the superduty's. For refference you can put an 8 bolt manifold on a 10 bolt head, just cant go the other way. The only change in heads is the number of intake bolts, and injector sleeve material. At least according to the information I could find.