How Many Hours Do You Folks Work?

Rate this topic

DwayneGorniak

I came across this little tid bit. I think these folks should come out to Alberta and learn just why the whole oil patch sector probably has the highest divorce rate amongst any work force and unhappy people:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/hours-nation-spends-least-amount-210024980.html

I used to be at work for 12 to 13 hours a day... No more. Now, I get to work at 6:30 am, and leave at 3:30 pm, 5 days a week and no weekends. And, once you take the tax man out of the equation, the take home pay isn't that much less.

8-9 average, atleast one day a week 10-12hrs. a few hours on saturday if I'm really behind. take home lately has been 35 hours a week. explain how that works without me getting irritated easily.

8-9 average, atleast one day a week 10-12hrs. a few hours on saturday if I'm really behind. take home lately has been 35 hours a week. explain how that works without me getting irritated easily.

Back in 05 when I left the dealership 30 hr weeks would have been an improvment.

When I was in the dealership 40-45. We worked 1/2 day every other Sat. Used to turn 45-55 hrs a week. When the 6.0L came along hard it was to get much above 30hrs...

alright this week was the exception. 57.5hrs

The problem now is I'll have a 100 hour paycheck and that'll be just enough to keep me from starting the hunt again. It shouldn't have to be this way.

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours a day. 6:30 to 4pm with a quick lunch if I take it. weve been a little slow and my flag avarge has droped to 7.2 a day. Im not happy about it but they do pay me stupid money and the owner and his son are good people and treat me right so I cant really complain

• 4 weeks later...

At the dealership typically about 50hrs depending on work load, actual flag hours didnt always match that of course. I did have the weeks in the 40s however in the slow season.

Now Im about 55-60hrs but do not work weekends for the most part