6.4 DEBRIS CHECK ON FUEL SYSTEM PROCEDURES

Rate this topic

Question.I know ford says that if you see metal in the secondary fuel filter housing is okay cuz that means the secondary fuel filter is doing its job,but checked for fuel debris at low side fuel test port and there was plenty or metal shavings,I also checked the high side on the fuel cooler and againg there was plenty of metal shaving beyon a shadow of a doubt,so doesnt this mean that there is also metal in the fuel rails?? I cant imagine there being no metal in the fuel rails if I got it in the:secondary housing,low side & high side in the fuel cooler, so when I check for metal debris in the high pressure manifolds I cant help but to expect metal debris.Do you guys agree with me? Fill me in on some input please. Thanx in advance

if the metal shaving look like silver eyelashes the guy screwed.

any signgs of water in the upper bowl?

whats the truck in the shop for? p0088,p0087, p2291?

if you dont want to pull a valve cover and it needs a pump you can pull the pump and take the back of it apart if you see rust in there then your back to square 1 and it still needs a fuel system.

IMO I would just do what Im paid for and do the debis test. its not really that hard to pull a valve cover is it?

There is no rust in the secondary fuel filter housing nor in both the fuel cooler bolts(high & low side).I do have code P0088.It's not about how hard it is to pull or not to pull a valve cover. I just feel that my findings will confirm metal eye lashes in the high pressure fuel rails with the results I have stated & was just wondering if anybody else had ran across the same thing. I will keep you guys posted.

Hotline said that metal in the fuel cooler is normal and that there was no need to continue with the high pressure manifold debris test;and to just put a high pressure pump on it.