Trailer Brake Control unavailable on 2012 trucks

Rate this topic

Hi guys, my service manager is bugging me to find out if an aftermarket trailer brake control can be installed on 2012 F-350s? Pertaining to the specific truck in question is a 2012 that was built before May 2012. Apparently, before this build date, the option doesn't exist. Is there any way around this? Have any of you come across this issue yet? Here's the VIN for those of you wondering: 1FDRF3GT4CEC201316. Thanks in advance.

I ran that VIN for gits and shiggles... It appears the VIN has been "cancelled"...

OASIS RESULT: 1FDRF3GT4CEC20131 CAN: EN-US 10-JULY-2012 / 09:51:42 EST/ APP2Local Time: 10-JULY-2012 / 9:51:40 AMVIN STATUS: CANCELLED VIN - CONTACT BSAVE@FORD.COMVEHICLE INFORMATIONVehicle: Body:OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONSNO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUNDEXTENDED COVERAGESNO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLEClick Here for Full Warranty History| Report a Vehicle ConcernEND OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FDRF3GT4CEC20131© Copyright 2002-2012 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

It appears to have customer access... according to the wiring diagram. There should be 4 blunt cut wires around the drivers side of the dash that you would wire up to the brake controller. I haven't physically looked at a truck, mind you.