Of laptops and windows 7 updates....

Rate this topic

Just a warning to those with Windows 7 laptops that move around. If you are connecting to more than one network at various places, do not start an update and shut down the computer at one place, then restart it elsewhere when it asks for a restart to complete the update. Let it do its complete business before taking it with you. I did that and my silly computer had a brain fart thinking it needed to create a complete new user, as a result I had lost all my person settings, background photos, and shortcuts. I had to do a system restore, thank god I had it turned on, then bring it back to work to redo the update.

And as far as system restore goes, pick one that DOES NOT contain any information or listing of IDS. I had to re-install 79 because part of the program thought it was at 79.04 and another part though it was at 79.05. Testman and all the background services would not start up......GRRRRR