WORN LIFTER & CAMSHAFT ON # 3 CYLINDER

Rate this topic

Compression on #3 200-300(sometimes it stays at 200 for a couple rotation before it goes to 300psi.Intermittently.Removed cyl.#3 lifter,it was alot of plat up & down and was not round and smooth like glass anymore,it was more like a square roller,pitted.I examined camshaft and it looked horribly pitted and there was a spot were it actually looked like it mushroomed to the side.This is my first camshaft removal if thats what i have to do.How should I submitt this to ford for assistance or prior approval?BTW I did find a little bit of metal in the oil filter.Please any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.Thank in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

After replacing camshaft and all roller lifters I used the airlift to check for leaks and refill/replaced leaking radiator.BTW I removed the whole crankshaft and was told I could of used 2 straps and lift on both ends of the crankshaft it was to late for the tip.So drove out my stall and starting leaking from upper radiator revised hose and then after I pulled in my stall and as I was draining the the radiator the lower passenger radiator hose started to leak.Replaced both hoses and im done. 10 f550 85,000 kicked may ass.

I have.... I haven't found a "sweet spot" so it is necessary to back off a couple of rod caps - but that could just be me.

It would be nice if we didn't have all those "you will burn in hell" warnings about the crank extension.