A.S.E "T" series testing

Rate this topic

Mason_Lewis

Has anyone taken any of these tests?

what should I expect?

I have the study guides and I assume if I read them well I will do fine. But I'm still pretty nervous I am doing a t 2 t 4 and t 6 this month (engines,brakes,electrical). Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated

I haven't taken an ASE test for something like 30 years (in the 80s, they tried to sneak into Canada). I remember that all the questions were multiple guess. If you run across one that's giving you concerns - eliminate the obvious wrong answers first.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Most of the "T" tests are just common sense. If you decide to take L2, take the composite vehicle portion first, it will answer nearly half of the multiple guess questions on the other test.

ASE was the weirdest set of tests I've ever taken in my life. Many will call me a professional test taker as I'm usually the first one done(how else do you get senior master in 3 years?) but ASE threw me for a loop. So many of the questions seemed like such pure and utter bullshit I wasn't sure I would pass until the results were in.

The questions (on a standard test, not recert) go through a "testing" phase where they are not scored. Algorithms are used to determine how good the question is based on how well the test taker did on other questions, and how he answered the "test" question. It's hard to explain how it works but the system works well in place, but because of this system questions are not actually scored until they are ran through the cycle a couple of times. To keep things fresh and prevent cheaters from copying the questions, ASE regularly rewrites the questions. Are there poor questions? Yes, but they are weeded out during this testing phase. The recert tests do not have those questions on them, 100% are scored.

I just took my A1R though A8R last week and scored over 98%. There was only one question in all 8 tests where the wording was funky. I did tell ASE about it in the review sheet at the end of the test, and I e-mailed them on it, too.

Posted Image

Technician A says BLAH BLAH BLAH. Technician B says BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Which technician is correct?

A) Technician A

B) Technician B

C) Both Technician A and B

D) Neither Technician

Technician A says BLAH BLAH BLAH. Technician B says BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Which technician is correct?

A) Technician A

B) Technician B

C) Both Technician A and B

D) Neither Technician

When I was in school about a year ago all of our tests were based on a s e testing with the tech a and tech b questions. I usually did pretty well but if I got in a hurry I would always miss the question. Are these tests timed?