An AWA question...

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

I posted this query on INFORD, but perhaps this is a better forum to ask...

Here's the situation. A vehicle comes in out of warranty, and a repair was done my a non-certified tech. The repair then goes AWA after the fact, does it matter that the repair wasn't done by a certified tech?

No, competency does not come into play here because the vehicle is out of warranty and there is no warranty claim. An after warranty adjustment is simply Ford helping the customer by paying a percentage of the repair with the customer participating. The kicker here is that Ford requires warranty labor times to be used, the dealer's warranty labor rate and parts prices.

A dealer I worked at in Windsor would pay you retail time for AWA repairs.

That being said, that same dealer had an employee file a grievance because I wrote my own warranty opcodes.

If any of you gents remember 9456A, EGR Cooler, Replace, for .2? I have a feeling you guys know where this is going... and why after that I wrote my own opcodes.

I'm only asking because it's something that I diagnosed, but I leave on vacation once I finish putting an ESB in an F-350, which I only started yesterday. I don't imagine somebody would want to wait for 2 weeks for me to start looking at it, and the only person (other than myself) that will do the job isn't certified... The job is retail for now, but this company operates over 50 buses, and has asked for participation, and I'm sure they'll get it... I just don't want to find out the hard way!