VOTE!

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

My fellow Americans... Today is a BIG DAY! Today we celebrate a right that Many have fought for, been injured, had lives changed for, and even died for!!! We are a free nation because of the blood, sweat and tears of the many who have served in our military. I give a passionate THANK YOU to everyone of you!! To show my respect I am going to exercise my right to vote for the candidate I feel most represents my core values and has my family and countries best interests in mind. Please pass this on - repost it... Get the word out!!! Even in our time of despair we have a duty to vote... Find time, find your place, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

I agree totally! I'll also add that I hope very few of you vote today because you were smart enough to vote by mail and not waste your precious time at the polls. I haven't visited a poll in many years....

It's looking to be a tight race and we will likely not know the winner tonight and maybe not even tomorrow. Being from a 'swing state', I'll be damn glad it's over to stop the campaign ads which dominate the media like I've never seen. I get several political robocalls per day which drive me nuts. I'm told that political calls do not qualify for the "do not call" list. (Gee, I wonder who decided that?)

Posted Image

I'll also add that I hope very few of you vote today because you were smart enough to vote by mail and not waste your precious time at the polls. I haven't visited a poll in many years....

Now wait a minute, there are many places, like where I live, that the polling stations are not crowded. This morning it tool me longer to walk in from the parking lot than it did to sign mu name twice, walk into the booth and push the buttons. I have yet to wait in all of my voting years.

But I do know that there are places where there are huge lines. In those places an absentee or early mail in vote is encouraged.

I personally like the feeling of walking into the booth and casting my vote in person. Anything else would be like having sex with a condom. It just ain't the same. Posted Image

I was proud to vote yesterday. Standing in line, My thoughts turned to the guy that is a good customer here. He served in World War 2 and was in "The battle of the Buldge". Not many survived that and we should all be greatfull to those who gave all!

• 2 weeks later...