deere 320d skid loader glow plug ?

Rate this topic

tonybullitt

Does anybody have any ideal where I can get wiring schematic info short of buying a repair manual? My dad says his skid loader sets service codes lite on after started and has a active code 676.05 glow plug relay output circuit code. Before I go over and try looking at it I would like to see if I can find some info on how it is wired. Thanks Tony

Tony, I don't have a wiring dia. But I did find some info on it. It is setting a code due to lack of voltage at the glow plugs. It may be a chafed or broken wire, bad ground, bad relay.... I would start at the glow plugs and go backwards doing the diag.

I THINK we have one of those skid steers at work, I will look today when I go in. I know we have two or three Caterpillar ones, but I think there is one JD machine (and I don't mean Jack Daniels machine, cause that's me) - and if we do have one, we likely have a shop manual for it.

I did not get much time this weekend with the weather so crappy here. It appears glow plugs are under the valve cover on this engine. also the valve cover is the intake similiar to the ford 6.7 the cac tube goes into valve cover. I am going to have my dad see if deere will give him any info on glow plugs wiring and possibly have him order a repair manual. I noticed the water pump seaping when I was looking at it also. Tony Thanks for the replies when I figure anything out I will post it.

• 3 months later...

Just an update. I put the cab up and found a chewed off wire about 8 inches from ecu. Repaired the wire and checked codes only history codes. Now to figure out how to clear history codes. Tony