Returning p252f

Rate this topic

Long story with this one.... short one is replace short block for code p252f reoccuring multiple times. Found #8 rod twisted and the piston low in the bore causing rpm change which in turn is triggering the p252f. truck returns with same concern of reduced power and p252f in memory. Oil is not over full (purposly set slightly under filled it when i did the engine for this concern). Before engine replacement hotline had me perform power balance with fuel pressure raised and all injectors passed. Now when reperforming this test multiple injectors fail. Hotline is thinking contaminated fuel which destroyed the injectors. have checked fuel and is in looks good with no debris noted. Missing something with this one. Any suggestions greatly appriciated thanks

The strangest P252F I ever had to figure out was caused by a cracked flywheel. I suppose the vibration made by the crack mimicked the vibration caused by the crankshaft splashing through oil.

• 1 year later...

The strangest P252F I ever had to figure out was caused by a cracked flywheel. I suppose the vibration made by the crack mimicked the vibration caused by the crankshaft splashing through oil.

Alex, how did you manage to pin this down?

• Like 1