TerraClean

Rate this topic

The last dealer I worked at used it. I prefer BG products and BG support over TerraClean. Keeping in mind, most of the things both companies offer are mere wallet flushes-but TerraClean is worse, IMHO.

The only thing worthwhile that I've ever seen from any of the "wallet-flush-machine" companies is the 6.0 EGR system cleaners and hot-oil flushes. Everything else belongs in the green, cylindrical filing cabinet.

• 4 weeks later...

+1..... sorta.

We have and use, with some regularity, the Wynns 6.0 EGR cleaning device. Personally, what I usually see for results aren't exactly awe inspiring. And when I think of where all this shit is going when it leaves the intake - makes me think that K&N nearly works.

Update: The distributor stopped buy and talked to use. They were prepared to demo the cleaner but we didn't have a running 6.0L around to use it on. Believe it or not. They guys really could not tell us HOW using this cleaner will make an engine run any better. Of course, at the same time of the fluch a good dose of some cleaner and fuel additives gets dumped into the fuel tank. That alone may be why some trucks run better when the customers pick them up. Them I am sure the next tank of fuel they pretty much go back to the way they were.

• 4 weeks later...

While I don't necessarily agree with the "wallet flush" mentality, I do like the "free" protection plan you get by using BG products regularly ($4,000 toward repair) and we all know changing our fluids regularly is a no brainer for keeping vehicles running properly.

I do like the "free" protection plan you get by using BG products regularly ($4,000 toward repair)

Like everything else in life, there's rarely a free lunch. I'd like to speak with someone who has actually collected on this 4K plan as I'm willing to bet money they are few and far between if they even exist. Sometimes the fine print screws you in the "agreement", or they find some reason to not pay you, or they just refuse and wait for you to sue them. When I had the shop I was involved in a couple of those, and they just wear you down with excuses and putoffs until you get tired of asking/complaining.

Think of how may dollars in retail sales it takes them to recoup the $4K they pay out, using standard business models at a couple percent net profit you're talking like $100-200,000 in sales to offset each 4K payout. How many do you think there are? Posted Image.

This plan stinks like old garbage, if it doesn't pass the "sniff" test it ain't gonna happen. Use common sense........

Posted Image