Inactive Code 333

Rate this topic

'06 LCF 4.5L code 333, inactive of course. Code 333 is "ICP above or below desired level." This is similar to a P1211. The truck reportedly had a lack of power with a check engine light on. It passes all testing and the code or symptom has yet to return. Anyone run across this yet?

I have had one, replacing the IPR fixed it. Also check for biased ICP sensor. The code can be hard to duplicate without a Dyno or mountain to climb. Monitoring ICP and ICP desired is necessary. Once the pressures separate and actual ICP dips below threshold for 6 or 7 seconds engine will derate(low power) and the EWL lights up. KOER std test sometimes will detect it also.

I have been on vacation since I looked at this truck (new baby) and I actually went down to the shop to look at it because nobody else knows how. I made some suggestions to my manager but I don't know what the outcome was. I also recommend looking at the ICP connector because they have been a real problem, and not just the recalled model years either. It's the same stuff as what's on the 6.0L. I will add a post when I know more.

• 3 months later...

Sorry I never followed up on this. This truck was the original truck that I discovered the wire harness chaffing on the front grille bracket.

The rest of the customer's concerns turned out that this truck was different than his UD truck... which doesen't have an idle kicker in cold weather!

The LCF is wired for rear throttle and PTO controls and the pigtail I believe is in the rear framerail. Great for garbage trucks rolloffs flatbeds and tow trucks. I think he is talking about the PCM strategy of raising the idle on cold starts after 90 seconds. The 6.0 and the 7.3 did that too

• 4 months later...

yeah ive had an lc come in with the 333.i think fmc had a service message on water damaged ipr and connector , i replaced the ipr,icp and cleaned + clipped the rubber boot as the message described and the truck never had that problem again.