6.4 aft axle tank rotted

Rate this topic

This is an oldie but a goldie. Although it's the first one for me involving a 64. This one ran unchecked for a little too long and needed an engine with complete fuel system after the tank and HFCM were replaced.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These DEF jugs come in handy for all sorts of things, these just happened to allow me to drain and view just under 20 gallons of fuel that was in the tank. The primary filter did a hell of a job scrubbing the bits out and this fuel went into our old ass tow truck.

Posted Image

I used to use them for all sorts of stuff. Leave the cap off, once empty and it will crystallize and dry, bounce it off the bench and dump the bits out, give 'er a quick rinse with varsol or brake cleaner and hit 'er with some compressed air and away we go.

I liked them for putting hydraulic oil into a truck that was too far away from our pump.

Our lead hand at the last place I was at used them to steal gasoline from the shop fuel pumps for his own personal vehicle.

I used to use them for all sorts of stuff.

Me too... I think they're awesome. I used them for coolant, oil, fuel, washer fluid. Whenever we finish with them, we rinse them out and set them near the shop door-where the sun shines on them and dries them out.