'12 F350 6.2 power steering

Rate this topic

Have one in here with no power steering at idle. Up the revs to 1800 and it kicks in with assist pretty steady. At idle there's no circulation in the reservoir. At 1800 when assist arrives there's still no circulation. RPM pid barely changes (about 20 rpm) when you cycle the steering wheel @ idle.

Pinpoint test says pump. My gut says gear .... I've had a couple Raptors with no assist and went with the TSB saying pump, only to put a gear in afterward.

What says you guys? I have both parts on order out of Brampton.

Last couple I did were the same way. PPT says it needs a pump, swap the pump, oh, look at that - it needs a gear/rack/etc. (F-150's all of them, as I recall)

Probably a good thing you ordered both parts.

I have had two Super Duties with steering assist concerns. One was indeed fixed with a new pump for high effort at low speeds. The other one would randomly just lose assist altogether. I followed TSB 11-12-11 and dutifully replaced the pump and reservior. A day later a new seering gear fixed it.