P207F and shut down valves?

Rate this topic

So after contacting hotline for approval on an SCR replacement and being instructed to check intake and exhaust system leaks as well as EGR cooler performance, because these can all set this code, I am now wondering about the integrity of these shut down valves. It also seems that all the trucks we get in that set this code have some kind of shut down valve. Anyone experience this and verified this as a possible source of a leak?

Also: Has anyone successfully pressure up the intake, using shop air, to 20 PSI for a smoke test? I get 10 PSI in it and the PCV hose pops off and it almost sent the air box lid flying across the shop. Applying air to EGRT sensor hole per hotline instructions.

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out my regulator was broken and I was going way over 20 PSI. Couldn't find any leaks and it received a new SCR. Which BTW fixed the concern.

They are heavy, you need to use a trany jack. It also helps to remove the tranny cross member instead of trying to fight the unit over top of it. Takes 2 people to lift it on and off the jack. All that said, they are quite easy to replace.