2012 6.7's and p207f

Rate this topic

I have had a rash of 2012's all with around 23 000 kms coming in idle only mode with code p207f and some times with p204f p20ee. Most of them have already had nox sensors installed and have now come back with the same code(s). I have had a couple with tail pipes that are dirty and have what looks like small bits of carbon on the inside diameter of the tail pipe. I have performed pinpoint test rd,ka and w and have not found anything wrong, inspected the down pipe for liquids, and have not found a bad egr cooler. I have ended up replacing the scr system in all of them but I don't understand why so many are failing like this. Just would like to know what you guys have been seeing and doing, it just feels like I might be missing something.

Your warranty numbers must be sky high! I think my dealer is jinxed or something, we don't see too many of these in the shop except for the odd oil change here and there.

We have done 3 exhaust systems for same issues. They set NOX related codes, but all we have removed have had evidence of cracked particle filters. It's a PITA getting approval based on NOX codes and getting paid for all the non SLTS diagnosis is no walk in the park either. Next one that comes in we are going to remove the tailpipe and have a peek in the back of that bad boy, then it will be presented as soot in tailpipe, so much easier to get approval for a cracked DPF.